Just say no to corporations

Monday, February 27, 2006

OMG Jafari so luvs Chomsky!

Recently an interesting fact about the Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim Jafari was discovered:
As a television in the corner of the room conveys images of the carnage outside, Jafari admits to being partial to the works of Noam Chomsky. Why won't Chomsky come to Iraq? he asks.

I guess it makes sense, a man who is in his position as a side effect of an imperialist invasion could probably relate pretty well to Chomsky's writings. What other world figures have surprising idols?

Uzbek President Islam Karimov:
"I'm a real fangirl of Gandhi. I think his ideas about non-violence are dreamy. And by that I mean I dream that the dissidents in Uzbekistan whom I like to boil alive would follow in his example. It would be a lot easier to exterminate them if they didn't resist so much."

Chilean Ex-Dictator Augusto Pinochet:
"I really dig Michael J. Fox. I feel a bond with him because we both have suffered from health problems, in my case preventing me from being brought to trial for crimes against humanity. I mean, he didn't round up thousands into a soccer stadium and torture and kill them during a coup overthrowing the elected leader of a country like I did, but still, I relate to him, you know?"

British Prime Minister Tony Blair:
"I say dear chap, I've always had a fondness for Ed McMahon. His unwavering allegiance to Johnny Carson and his frequent utterances of "Yes!" to bolster whatever his master said without question was quite admirable. Care for a spot of tea?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home